The Dark Before The Light At Dawn
- Alexandria, VA, USA
- member since April 8, 2007
Vannessagrace’s last login was Friday, January 29, 2010.
I am also on good reads but I use Shelfari more often since I like it better. Basically, on good reads I just add to my shelf. Their discussion forums aren't as good and they work much slower. At least they used to when I first joined over there. Spirt Bear was a great book! I even marked it as one of my favorites.
To answer your question about how I'm marketing my book, here's the list of what I've done do far.
1) read & implemented suggestions from "Sell Your Book on Amazon" by Brent Sampson.
2) Paid Bostic Communications to send out my news release to different media and took advantage of the leads they came up with which included requests from reviewers and a couple interview opportunities. (Interviews were with Yvonne Perry for her "Writers In The Sky" podcast and Sallie Felton, Life Coach her "Fresh Start" show. (see my blog on My Space for more details)
3) I contacted local papers and got a small promo in the one and a feature article in another that was from an hour face-to-face interview with a reporter.
4) Set up a profile on My Space (www.myspace.com/kzemek) and participate in discussion groups.
5) Just yesterday, I set up a page on the Personal News Network (http://karen.pnn.com). I'd like to hear what yout think if you have time to check it out.
6) Did one book signing at a local independent bookstore which allowed me to leave some on consignment--(The Crooked River in the Gallaria in downtown Cleveland, Ohio).
7) Have a website through the publisher where people can listen to a short video clip of me talking about my book and read a short excerpt from it at www.outskirtspress.com/myfunnydadharry.
8) I ordered special bookmarks from the publisher with the picture of the book cover and my name on the front and a short synopsis and the publisher's website on the back that I include to my eBay customers, hand out to people that I meet like a business card and that I include with any mailings I do such as donations to charities, bills, personal correspondence etc.
9) I emailed all my friends and family about it. Some I emailed the book detail page right off Amazon but I discovered that after I had already contacted many of them.
10) Network with other authors.
11) Make slide shows related to the book and post on various web sites. (in process)
As you can see, marketing is a LOT of work!
Thanks for the note on my page. You asked what Black Velvet Seduction's book titles are. We've got a few now, with a new one releasing about every month.
Fool Me Once by Jessica Joy is about a woman (Toni) who wakes up after an accident with no memory of her past, except for haunting images of herself being shot. Blair, a former FBI agent (near whose home she crashes) was her friend once, before she betrayed him. It's an exciting romantic suspense which has received really great reviews.
Bound by Fate by Lee Rush takes things to a more erotic level in a story about forgiveness and second chances.
Toy's Story: Acquisition of a Sex toy by Robert Cloud is a very erotic story about an internet relationship, fantasies, and what happens when misunderstandings, lies, fantasies, and realities all collide.
Contract Bride by Ayn Amorellie is a pretty spicy marriage of convenience story about a man (Bob McKnight) who stands to inherit lots of money, but only if he can find a wife and father a child within 10 months.
Studs for Hire: Woman on Top and Studs for Hire: Woman in Charge are witty, sexy, romantic comedies about a group of college friends who start a contracting company which hires sexy plumbers, electricians and carpenters. In the first book of the series, Woman on Top, Sydnie hires her old nemisis, not knowing he has sought out the job because he wants to swipe her ideas. In Woman in Charge, Casey is tasked with the job of convincing Alex, an architect who specializes in classy timber frame homes to take on a job he really doesn't want...creating a shrine to Elvis in a widow's mansion.
The Crimson Z ventures into the realm of the paranormal with magic, ghosts, dragons, fairies, werewolves, and vampires. It is a unique anthology of short pieces which are all connected to Zachariah, an elderly jeweler who creates mystical jewelry.
The Stir of Echo ventures into the highly erotic with Echo, an untrained clairaudient with a secret longing to be dominated, who is about to learn the truth behind the old adage, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
Temporally Yours by Richard Savage brings things down to earth with an very erotic story about a couple who is hampered by both time and geography. It's a spin off of The Crimson Z anthology and features the mystical jewelry from The Crimson Z, though the story is a stand alone story.
Whew....that seems like a lot of info...hopefully not so much you wish you hadn't asked. :-) All of our books are available in paperback and ebook at our site http://www.blackvelvetseductions.com where readers can read excerpts, sign up for our newsletters, and enter our Friday drawing for free books. Our books are also available at Amazon, Fictionwise, and other online retailers. Books can be ordered through bookstores as well.
Do book/author videos matter to readers? If you get a minute--OK 2 minutes and 21 seconds--please CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE... We're discussing our friendship and our writing process. And let us know if you think videos make a difference....
Thanks so much for supporting our work! We wish you much success with The Dark... and we'll be sure to check it out! We hope you'll have the opportunity to pick up a copy of Gotta Keep on Tryin' (the sequel to Tryin' to Sleep) when it's released on January 8.
Happy New Year!
Donna & Virginia