- Scottsdale, AZ, United States
- member since July 27, 2007
TerryWhalin’s last login was Friday, October 22, 2010.
Because you are a Shelfari friend and also because I know you like to see different ways to promote, I thought I'd pass on to you a quiz I'm using to get the word out on my new book, the 2nd in the HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers after the award-winning The Frugal Book Promoter.
The Frugal Editor is a must for writers and includes lots of good stuff important for any writer to know. It is, ta da! The Frugal Editor: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success.
Check Your Sell-Your-Book Expertise with Carolyn's Quiz
Every writer should know the answer to these or know how to find out :
1. What is the rule posted by most agents and publishers I can break in order to sell my book faster?
2. How can a style sheet help me edit my book or work better with my editor?
3. Why do I need to know about indexing?
4. How can I corral Word's Spell Checker to help rather than hinder my editing process?
5. Why is editing important to getting a publisher or an agent when my publisher's editor will help me with that anyway?
6. Why should I rarely send out a cover letter rather than a query letter?
7. Why should I avoid using italics for internal dialogue? How do you avoid using them for internal dialogue?
8. What perfectly natural and grammar-perfect thing should I avoid telling an agent?
9. How can I turn adverbs that slow my narrative into metaphors?
10. How can I purge my copy of passive constructions using a computer?
11. How can code words in my document help avoid humiliation?
12. How do I avoid superfluous quotation marks that annoy agents and editors?
If you don't know the answers to most every one of these 12 questions without peeking you are sure to benefit from the newly released
The Frugal Editor: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success
available now on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0978515870/
It's already rocketed to Amazon's Top Ten List in its category!
It should be sitting on your shelf right next to the award-winning* first in the HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers,
The Frugal Book Promoter: How To Do What Your Publisher Won't
by UCLA Extension Writers' Program Instructor Carolyn Howard-Johnson
*Winner of USA Book News Best Professional Book 2004
*Winner of Book Publicists of Southern California's Irwin Award
I was recommending a book about Samuel Morris to one of the groups and adding it to my shelf. In the process I discovered you wrote one about Samuel, also. I recommended your version despite not having read it. What a fascinating story. I also found a video on the net. It was not very high quality and inferior to a book presentation.
Thanks for joining the Tricia Goyer Group! Feel free to invite your friends!
How was your weekend? My weekend was great! Saturday I went through my bookshelves and gave about 300 books to my church library. It was good knowing that they'll be enjoyed by more people. And I spend Sat. night and Sunday with friends and family ... and worshiping God. What could be better than that?!