My books are:
- ENDANGERED, the first in my Summer Westin outdoor mystery series from Berkley Prime Crime
- THE ONLY WITNESS, a quirky police... more »
- member since December 28, 2009
Pamela Beason’s last login was Thursday, February 23, 2012.
Things are coming along - I've still got a few edits that are pending librarian approval (most notably title changes for endangered and shaken), but thngs are a bit cleaner, and I've gotten rid of the duplicate author record. I'll have a few suggestions for things you might want to do yourself, but quickly now -- you've got an older edition of "Wild" on your member shelf (as do a few other people). You might want to change the edition you've selected to the paperback "endangered" edition -- shelfari displays the edition that the most number of members have on their shelf. As a result, the "wild" cover is still what is displayed on the book page and there's no way to change that - it's entirely based on the edition the most people have. The next popular one seems the paperback - I've put that on my shelf as a wish list item, and there's a change that if you change your selection, that might be enough to change what shows on the page. If you don't know how to do that (or this is completely unintelligible to you!) let me know and I can walk you through it
One more - what about this one? (looks like it's in the works and due out in October?) http://www.shelfari.com/books/27040400/Bear-Bait-(A-Summer-Westin-Mystery)
2 questions: 1) you said "on shaky ground" is now "shaken" - it also seems to be called "flashpoint" on one page - how does that fit in? http://www.shelfari.com/books/23009655/Flashpoint/editions
2) once I've got some of the multiple books combined (doing that now) and the duplicate author page cleaned up (also in the works now), I thought I would change the author name to"Pamela Beason" (without the "S.") because that's how it seems to appear on all your current fiction works (shelfari prefers having the most commonly used version of an author name). I'd then add "Pamela S. Beason" to the bio to make clear that both versions are you. Does that approach work for you? I also don't think it's a huge deal if you'd prefer to keep the "S." in the author name, so let me know what you'd prefer.
I'm more than happy to help - I was planning to do the editing work originally anyway, but just couldn't find the info through google, so when j saw you were a shelfari member, I thought I'd ask! I may have some more questions for you as I dig in - probably this weekend.
(Belize! Sounds great - for vacation?)
Hi Pamela - I've just been working on some shelfari editing clean-up and came across some of your books / author page here on Shelfari - I wondered if you could help clear us some questions? 1. There seem to be 2 author pages - one "Pamela Beason" (with books you list in your profile here, so I assume that's you) and one "Pamela S. Beason" (with mostly computer manuals - are those yours also?). If they are both you, either you or I could submit an author combination request. If some of those books aren't yours, I'd be happy to help clean up the pages to get them right.
2. Was your book "Wild" renamed "Endangered"? Thanks!
(I will confess that I do have a couple of your books but haven't read them yet - they're moving up in the TBR pile!)