- member since March 7, 2012
Here's a note you can share with your teacher, if she's not already connected with me on Shelfari....THANKS!
Hello Teachers & Librarians,
I would like to make you a special offer. With Halloween around the corner, perhaps you’re looking for a seasonal read in your classrooms. If so, I’d like to make my new book Saving Halloween available to you. Saving Halloween won a 2012 Kay Snow Writing Award for Young Readers. It is a middle-grade (ages 9-12) novel of 144 pages, and offers a spellbinding tale of outcasts who find acceptance, a girl who discovers the true meaning of family, and characters who are not always what they seem.
Here’s the offer:
* Pick Saving Halloween to be your October or November book of the month.
* Notify students with e-readers that they can download a free Kindle copy from Amazon on 10/31 (http://tinyurl.com/9hvab65). I can also make free copies available for other e-readers (i.e. Nook) or prior to that date
* Place an order for paperback copies. I’ll cover shipping.
* Read it! Have the kids read it, or you read it to them.
* Take advantage of my book club discussion questions
* Schedule a free 15-minute SKYPE session with me for author Q&A
* Ask each student to review the book on Amazon (this is as simple as selecting 1-5 stars) (http://tinyurl.com/9hvab65)
Not sure if this is the right book for your kids? You can access an excerpt and read more about me on my author website: www.authorlisaard.com
If you know of other teachers and librarians that may be interested in this offer, please feel free to forward this e-mail.
Thank you for considering Saving Halloween!
Thanks for your note. Feel free to share my answers with your teacher and class. That's so neat. Be sure to have your teacher check out my website for information on author visits via Skype (for free).
Being an author is fun! I get to work quietly by myself, using my imagination and writing skills to create stories I hope kids will enjoy. I get to be with people when I visit schools (see my latest video on Facebook), writing conferences, bookstores, etc. It is hard to make a living at being an author unless one sells a lot of books and becomes very popular.
I am an avid reader. I usually read around 75 books a year. My goal would be to keep up that pace.
Take Care and keep reading! Lisa
Hi Katrina, Hope you found my book. If not, start here on my website where I have links: www.dreamseekeradventures.com. Please ask your parents (or show them my site) before looking around the internet. Also check out my contests under 'Fun Stuff'. Right now I have a 'Draw Your Dream Space Station' contest that ends 6/1. Next week I'll have a summer reading contest. Happy Summer - Lisa
I saw your positive review of Geronimo Stilton and as a new Shelfari member, thought I'd follow your other reviews. I love to read and would enjoy sharing our book shelves.
FYI, I am also an author on Shelfari. My book 'Fright Flight, Dream Seekers Book One' is a middle-grade fantasy for ages 7-10. In fact, I read a lot of Magic Tree House, Secrets of Droon, Geronimo Stilton and How to Train Your Dragon while planning my first book! If you're looking for a new read, I would very much appreciate it if you'd read and review my debut children's book.