Referred to as the "Grand Prix of epidemiology" by The New York Times , this study examines more than 350 variables of health and nutrition with surveys from 6,500 adults in more than 2,500 counties across China and Taiwan, and conclusively demonstrates the link between nutrition and heart... read more
Part I: The China Study
1. Problems We Face, Solutions We Need
2. A House of Proteins
3. Turning Off Cancer
4. Lessons from China
Part II: Diseases of Affluence
5. Broken Hearts
8. Common Cancers: Breast, Prostate, large Bowel (Colon & Rectal)
9. Autoimmune Diseases
10. Wide-Ranging Effects: Bone, Kidney, Eye and Brain Diseases
Part III: The Good Nutrition Guide
11. Eating Right: Eight Principles of Food and Health
12. How to Eat
Part IV: Why Haven't You Heard This Before?
13. Science - The Dark Side
14. Scientific Reductionism
15. The "science" of Industry
16. Government: Is it for the People?
17. Big Medicine: Whose Health Are they Protecting?
18. Repeating Histories
Appendix A. Q & A: Protein Effect in Experimental Rat Studies
Appendix B. Experimental Design of the China Study
Appendix C. The "Vitamin D" connection
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.