serenity edited the characters of Wild Swans Saturday, December 3, 2011.
see serenity’s edits | report abuse
- reordered the characters.
- 1 : Jung Chang: Narrator of the book which chronicles her family through three generations. She grows up in Communist China and is a young woman during the Cultural Revolution
- 2 : De-hong: Jung's mother, a Communist High ranking official
- 3 : Yu-fang: Jung's grandmother, a former Concubine
- 4 : Wang Yu: Jung's father, a high ranking Communist Official who joined the Party in its infancy
- 5 : Dr. Xia: Jung Chang's grandmothers' second husband. A famed physician
- 6 : Chairman Mao: Head of the Chinese communist party
- 7 : Zhou Enlai: Premier of the Communist regime-the only practical member of the top administration
- 8 : Mrs. Ting: Vindictive high official known for making the lives miserable of those she has personal grudges with. A force of power during the Cultural Revolution.
- 9 : Mrs. Shau: A Rebel party leader in Jung's father's department
- 10 : Liu Shaoqi: Mao's number two officer until the Cultural Revolution.
- 11 : Nana: A friend of Jung's
- 12 : Lin Biao: A high officer in the Communist government under Mao
- 13 : Cousin Hu: A cousin of Jung's grandmother who is forced to hide with her family during the reign of the Japanese.
- 14 : Mme. Mao: Mao's wife who is famous for throwing the country into upheaval to satisfy her own destructive agendas.
- 15 : Xiao-fang: Jung's youngest brother
- 16 : Mr. Ying:
- 17 : Bing: A male friend of Jung's
- 18 : Mr. Kuang:
- 19 : Jin-ming: Jung's oldest brother
- 20 : Kuomintang: The Republic of China, let by Chiang Kai-Shek
- 21 : Khrushchev: Russian Communist leader
- 22 : Xiao-hong: Jung's sister
- 23 : Yong:
- 24 : Dong:
- 25 : Dr. Jen: A doctor in Jung's hometown
- 26 : Zhang:
- 27 : Nixon: President of the United States
- 28 : Tao Zhu:
- 29 : Xiao-hei: Jung's middle brother
- 30 : Lu Xun:
- 31 : Chen Boda:
- 32 : Chen Mo:
- 33 : Miss Tanaka: Japanese teacher of Jung Chang's mother, whom her family hides when Japan is overthrown in Manchukuo