“Daddy and Roger and ’em shot ’em a nigger.” Those words, whispered to ten-year-old Tim Tyson by a playmate, heralded a ?restorm that would forever transform the tobacco market town of Oxford, North Carolina. On May 11, 1970, Henry Marrow, a twenty-three-year-old black veteran, walked into... read more
2. Original Sins
3. "Too Close Not to Touch"
4. Miss Amy's Witness
5. King Jesus and Dr. King
6. The Death of Henry Marrow
7. Drinkin' That Freedom Wine
8. Our "Other South"
9. The Cash Register at the Pool Hall
10. Perry Mason in the Shoeshine Parlor
11. We All Have Our Own Stories
12. "Go Back to the Last Place Where You Knew Who You Were"
Epilogue: Blood Done Sign My Name
Notes on Sources
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.