THE HISTORY OF MIDDLE-EARTH Poems and prose, maps and chronologies, detours and diversions along the road to Middle-earth . . . Christopher Tolkien has gathered archival materials that his late father, J. R. R. Tolkien, used to create the world and the history behind his classic stories. THE... read more
I. Prose Fragments Following the Lost Tales
II. The Earliest 'Silmarillion'
III. The Quenta
- Appendix 1. Ælfwine's translation of the Quenta into Old English; Old English equivalents of Elvish names
- Appendix 2: The Horns of Ylmir
IV. The First 'Silmarillion' Map
V. The Ambarkanta
VI. The Earliest Annals of Valinor
- Appendix: Ælfwine's translations of the Annals of Valinor into Old English
VII. The Earliest Annals of Beleriand
- Second version of the earliest Annals
- Appendix: Ælfwine's translation of the Annals of Beleriand into Old English
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.