This is an exhilarating portrait of the era of invention, glamour and excess from one of the brightest young stars of mainstream history writing.Bracketed by the catastrophes of the Great War and the Wall Street Crash, the 1920s was a time of fear and hedonism. The decade glittered with... read more
List of Illustrations
1. "You Cannot Make Your Shimmy Shake on Tea"
2. "The Rhythm of Life"
3. Femme Fatale
4. "Five and Ten Cent Lusts and Dreams"
5. "My God! How the Money Rolls In"
6. "The Business of America is Business"
7. Fear of the Foreign
8. The Ku Klux Klan Redux
9. In Exile
10. The New Yorker
11. "Yes, We Have No Bananas Today"
12. The Spirit of St. Louis
13. The Big Fight
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.