“Who says gender studies is not fascinating? I found myself nodding and chuckling as I read this this book. Despite that…highly repetitive. But most observations about how much men and women can differ due to hormonal or genetic influence are worth noting. And of course there’s no such thing as right or wrong here. The results represent the majority of the world population. There will be undoubtedly many exceptions due to individual differences.
Here are few interesting quotations from the book:
1. Men often choose greeting cards with plenty of words inside. That way, there’s less space for them to write.
2. Men can mentally index their problems and put them on hold. Women churn.
3. Men may be able to find their way from A to B via a maze of back streets, but put them in the middle of a group of women discussing a number of topics at the end same time, and they get completely lost.
4. If a woman is talking to you a lot, she likes you. If she’s not talking to you, you’re in trouble.
5. To get a man to listen, give him advance notice and provide an agenda.
6. If women ran local councils, reverse and parallel parking would be banned!
7. To prove his love for her, he climbed the highest mountain, swam the deepest ocean, and crossed the widest dessert. But she left him – he was never home..
8. In being wrong, a man considers himself a failure because he has not been able to do his job properly.
9. Talking about her problems is how a woman gets relief from stress. But she wants to be heard, not fixed.
10. When you’re dealing with an upset woman, don’t offer solutions or invalidate her feelings – just show her you’re listening.
11. Men climb on to their rock to solve problems. Women who follow them get kicked off.
12. Most men get a brain haemorrhage after 20 minutes of shopping.
13. After marriage a man knows all he needs to know about his partner and sees no point in excessive talking.
14. A woman asked her husband to show more affection - so he washed and polished her car. Men see 'doing things' as a way of showing they care.
15. A man isn't exactly sure what love is and he's likely to confuse lust and infatuation with love.
16. Once you thought it was cute that he could never find things in the fridge, but now it makes you want to scream