This New York Times “Notable Book of the Year” is the definitive biography on Che Guevara, whose epic dream was to end poverty and injustice in Latin America through armed revolution. Anderson’s biography traces Che’s extraordinary life, from his comfortable Argentine upbringing to the Cuban... read more
Part One: Unquiet Youth
1. A Mate Plantation in Misiones
2. The Dry Climate of Alta Gracia
3. The Boy of Many Names
4. His Own Man
5. Escape to the North
6. "I Am Not the Same I was Before"
7. "Without Knowing Which Way Is North"
8. Finding North
9. "Days Without Shame or Glory"
10. "A Terrible Shower of Cold Water"
11. "My Proletarian Life"
12. "God and His New Right Hand"
13. "The Sacred Flame Within Me"
Part Two: Becoming Che
14. A Disastrous Beginning
15. Days of "Water and Bombs"
16. Lean Cows and Horsemeat
17. Enemies of All Kinds
18. Extending the War
19. The Final Push
Part Three: Making the New Man
20. The Supreme Prosecutor
21. "My Historic Duty"
22. "We Are the Future and We Know It"
23. "Individualism Must Disappear"
24. These Atomic Times
25. Guerilla Watershed
26. The Long Good-bye
27. The Story of a Failure
28. No Turning Back
29. Necessary Sacrifice
Notes on Sources
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.