Shelfari edited the memorable quotes of Dandelion Wine Tuesday, October 12, 2010.
- Edited a quotation: “And at last, slowly, afraid he would find nothing, Douglas opened one
eye.Andeverything, absolutely everything, was there. Theworld, like a great iris of an even more gigantic eye, which has also just opened and stretched out to encompass everything, stared back at him.Andhe knew, what it was that had leaped upon him to stay and would not run away now,I'malive, he thought.(p.9)”
- Edited a quotation: “I'm really alive! he thought.
(...)Heyelled it loud but silent, a dozen times! (p.10)”
- Edited a quotation: “There were some days compounded completely of odor, nothing but the world blowing in one nostril and out the other. And some days, he went on, were days of hearing every trump and trill of the universe. Some days were good for tasting and some for touching. And some days were good for all these senses at
- Edited a quotation: “The grass whispered under his
- Edited a quotation: “For John was running, and this was terrible. Because if you ran, time
- Edited a quotation: “When everyone's mouths were absolutely crammed full of miracles, Grandmother sat back and said, "Well, how do you like
it?"(p.225)Andthe relatives, including Aunt Rose, and the boarders, their teeth deliciously mortared together at this moment, faced the terrible dilemma. Speak and break the spell, or continue allowing this honey-sirup food of the gods to dissolve and melt away to glory in their mouths? They looked as if they might laugh or cry at the cruel dilemma.(p.225)”
- Edited a quotation: “They went down in the cellar with Grandpa and while he decapitated the flowers they looked at the summer shelved and glimmering there in the motionless streams, the bottles of dandelion