A lively astronomy primer that uses cataclysmic scenarios to explain the universe’s most fascinating events . According to astronomer Philip Plait, the universe is an apocalypse waiting to happen But how much do we really need to fear from things like black holes, gamma-ray bursts, and... read more
1. Target Earth: Asteroid and Comet Impacts
3. The Stellar Fury of Supernovae
4. Cosmic Blowtorches: Gamma-Ray Bursts
5. The Bottomless Pits of Black Holes
6. Alien Attack!
7. The Death of the Sun
8. Bright Lights, Big Galaxy
9. The End of Everything
Epilogue: What, Me Worry?
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.