Stan edited the characters of The Chosen Wednesday, November 6, 2013.
see Stan’s edits | report abuse
- reordered the characters.
- 1 : Reuven Malter: A boy raised by a Modern Orthodox father, Reuven is very good at mathematics. He enjoys the religious discussion and 'games' that take place at Danny's house. He later finds that he wants to become a Rabbi. Plays second base for his baseball team and is also a good pitcher but brought in only when no one else can handle it.
- 2 : Danny Saunders: A Hassidic Jewish boy, star baseball hitter for his team. Raised 'in silence' by his father, who wants nothing more than for Danny to become a Rabbi and follow in his footsteps. Danny is incredibly intelligent, and wishes to become a psychologist instead. He studies in secret at the local library. He reads a lot and has a photographic memory.
- 3 : David Malter: David is a Modern Orthodox Jew, a famous Talmudic scholar and teacher within the Jewish community. His approach to Talmud study is one which is not accepted by the Hassidic community; nor is his Zionism accepted by them. He is Reuven's father.
- 4 : Reb Isaac Saunders: A deeply religious Hassidic Jewish Rabbi, Reb Saunders wants his oldest son, Danny, to become a Rabbi and follow in his footsteps. He is against Zionism, as he believes that it goes against God's will.
- 5 : Mr. Galanter: Reuven's baseball coach, refers to the baseball things in war terms
- 6 : Billy: A young blind boy in the hospital with Reuven, gets an operation on his eyes while Reuven is there
- 7 : Tony Savo: An ex-prizefighter in the hospital with Reuven
- 8 : Dr. Snydman: Optical surgeon