" You may not find happiness in a book, but if reading a book can precipitate a tectonic shift in your life and mind toward robust, genuine, deeply rooted happiness, this would be the book." --JON KABAT-ZINN, AUTHOR OF COMING TO OUR SENSES This is a revolutionary look at... read more
1. Talking About Happiness
2. Is Happiness the Purpose of Life?
3. A Two-Way Mirror: Looking Within, Looking Without
4. False Friends
5. Is Happiness Possible?
6. The Alchemy of Suffering
7. The Veils of the Ego
8. When Our Thoughts Become Our Worst Enemies
9. The River of Emotion
10. Disturbing Emotions: The Remedies
14. The Great Leap to Freedom
15. A Sociology of Happiness
16. Happiness in the Lab
17. Happiness and Altruism: Does Happiness Make Us Kind or Does Being Kind Make Us Happy?
18. Happiness and Humility
19. Optimism, Pessimism, and Naivete
20. Golden Time, Leaden Time, Wasted Time
21. One with the Flow of Time
22. Ethics as the Science of Happiness
23. Happiness in the Presence of Death
24. A Path
About the Author
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.