In this national bestseller -- Martin Seligman's most stimulating, persuasive book to date -- the acclaimed author of Learned Optimism introduces yet another revolutionary idea. Drawing on groundbreaking scientific research, Seligman shows how Positive Psychology is shifting the profession's... read more
Part I: Positive Emotion
1. Positive Feeling and Positive Character
2. How Psychology Lost Its Way and I Found Mine
3. Why Bother to Be Happy?
4. Can You Make Yourself Lastingly Happier?
5. Satisfaction about the Past
6. Optimism about the Future
7. Happiness in the Present
Part II: Strength and Virtue
8. Renewing Strength and Virtue
9. Your Signature Strengths
Part III: In the Mansions of Life
10. Work and Personal Satisfaction
12. Raising Children
13. Reprise and Summary
14. Meaning and Purpose
Appendix: Terminology and Theory
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.