Chris Baty, motivator extraordinaire and instigator of a wildly successful writing revolution, spells out the secrets of writing -- and finishing -- a novel. Every fall, thousands of people sign up for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), which Baty founded, determined to (a) write that... read more
II. Section One: A Round-Trip Ticket to Novel-land: Gearing up for Your Writing Adventure!
1. Secret Weapons, Exuberant Imperfections, and the End of the "One Day" Novelist
2. Time-Finding, News-Breaking, and a Step-by-Step Guide to Transforming Loved Ones into Effective Agents of Guilt and Terror
3. Noveling Nests, Magical Tools, and a Growing Stockpile of Delicious Incentives
4. Cruising for Characters, Panning for Plots, and the First Exciting Glimpses of the Book Within
III. Section Two: Write Here! Write Now! A Frantic, Fantastic Week-by-Week Overview to Bashing out Your Book
5. WEEK ONE: Trumpets Blaring, Angels Singing, and Triumph on the Wind
6. WEEK TWO: Storm Clouds, Plot Flashes, and the Return of Reality
7. WEEK THREE: Clearing Skies, Warmer Weather, and a Jetpack on Your Back
8. WEEK FOUR: Champagne and the Roar of the Crowd
9. I Wrote a Novel. Now What?
We’re hiding the settings, glossary entries, themes, errata, awards, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.