The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act signed by President Obama in March 2010 is a landmark in U.S. social legislation. The new law extends health insurance to nearly all Americans, fulfilling a century-long quest and bringing the United States to parity with other industrial... read more
Preface and Acknowledgements
Introduction: A Turning Point for U.S. Healthcare and Politics
Timeline of Reform Events
1. Why Now? Broken Health Care and an Election for Change
2. The Year of Pitched Battles: Who Fought for What, Why and How
3. How the Scott Brown Upset Strengthened Health Reform
4. What Did They Deliver? The Promise of Affordable Care
5. Will Health Reform Survive and Succeed?
Glossary of Key People, Groups, Legislation, and Health Care Terms
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.