This was a transformative period in English history. In 1783 the country was at one of the lowest points in its fortunes, having just lost its American colonies in warfare. By 1846 it was once more a great imperial nation, as well as the world's strongest power and dominant economy, having... read more
1. England 1783-1846: An Overview
2. Politics in the Time of Pitt and Fox 1783-1807
3. Pitt and Plutocracy: The Social and Psychological Foundations
4. Politics in the Time of Liverpool and Canning 1807-1827
5. Ruling Ideologies
6. The Crisis of the Old Order 1827-1832
7. Contesting Mechanical Philosophy
8. Politics in the Time of Melbourne and Peel 1833-1846
9. The Condition and Reconditioning of England
10. Afterwards: 'There are no barbarians any longer.'
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.