The dramatic and moving account of the struggle for life inside the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11, when every minute counted. At 8:46 AM on September 11, 2001, 14,000 people were inside the twin towers -- reading e-mails, making trades, eating croissants at Windows on... read more
1. "It's a bomb, let's get out of here."
2. "It's going to be the top story of the day."
3. "Mom, I'm not calling to chat."
4. "We have no communication established up there yet."
5. "Should we be staying here, or should we evacuate?"
6. "Get away from the door!"
7. "If the conditions warrant on your floor, you may wish to start an orderly evacuation."
8. "You can't go this way."
9. "The doors are locked."
10. "I've got a second wind."
11. "I'm staying with my friend."
12. "Tell the chief what you just told me."
13. "We'll come down in a few minutes."
14. "You don't understand."
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.