I love the cover! it's awesome
It is, isn't it?! I believe this is William Herondale on the cover =D
i can't wait for this book to be released, i hope it's as good as the mortal instruments series..
when will this be out? or is it already? i loved the last series! it was awesome.
This will be a prequel series to The Mortal Instruments series. Clockwork Angel will be out on Aug 31.
Will reminds me of Jace.
I love this book and i completely agree with you. Will reminds me 100% (without the black hair) of Jace
Predictions about why Will ends up asking Magnus for help at the end of the book? I have no idea, and it's really bothering me :) (I think Will is even more enigmatic than Jace, and that's saying something)
I like Will way more than Jace. But I like Jem more than everyone else.
And the end bothers me everyday! I have no idea what Will is going to ask for. Maybe something about Tessa?
Yeah, I'm thinking it's something about Tessa... I mean, Magnus is definitely the authority on all things love, right? :)
I don't know why, but I have a very twisted feeling that Jem's story might be similar to Will's untold one. As for going to see Magnus I guess Will lost something before he came to the institute it might be trust and love has been taken away from Will and that is why he needs help, to know what Tessa really is might determent his feelings to her... Still I wished he wasn't a jerk about it! I prefer Jace the most :D
i think will is a little like jace but jace is way more conceited i cant wait to find out what will wants from magnus maybe a spell to get over Tessa
That ending had me thinking about it for like a week, that was months ago and I still don't know why he would do it. And I agree Jace and Will have some similarities but then they are completely different people at other times that is why I love this author she makes amazing characters that are completely unique.
I love Jem the best out of all the characters (:
I really am sad that he might die soon :(
Does anybody else think Tessa's gonna find out her mother was a Shadowhunter and didn't know it? I have this feeling that that's what's gonna happen--can't be positive, though.
I have a similar feeling, and when a demon that is a shape-shifter, changed to look like her dad, slept with her mom, and gave birth to Tessa who is part demon part angel, and I think her mark is on her angel clock-locket.
Hmm i'm not sure seeing as how that happened in City of Glass I doubt that the author would repeat the same plot over again. But I am sure there will be some sort of twist that has to do with her "normal" life, or the life before she realized she had the sight.
but if she had shadowhunter blood wouldn't she had been able to open the doors to the institute when the robots attacked her and Jem?
Did anyone else shed a tear when Thomas died protecting Sophie?! :( I wonder what he wanted to tell Will?? Do you think Sophie has the sight for a reason?
I cried big time at that part.And I was walking around the house wondering what he wanted to tell him for at least a week, also the ending keep making me think. I'm not sure if she has the sight for a reason other than without it she wouldn't have met Will and that would be tragic.
The are related
I've been rereading the book, and I have two questions!
1) If Tessa takes on vampire characteristics/powers when she turns into a vampire (like the fangs coming out), does that mean she would acquire Shadowhunter powers if she changed into a Shadowhunter?
2) Why were the vampires bleeding during the fight at the party? I thought they didn't have blood...
1) That is a good question, theoretically I guess she would but then again because she is really a downworlder I do not know if the marks would still burn her..but it is a good thought.
2) And I believe that the vampires have blood in them it just isnt there blood it is who ever they drank, at least I think so..
1) I was thinking the same thing. It seems likely.
2) Vampires have blood, Cassandra constantly mentions that when Simon or some other vampire's fangs come out unexpectedly, they make their lips bleed because the fangs are so sharp.
1. Probably not. Although she acquired characteristics of a vampire: speed, slight thirst, she was not Really one. (Being able to say "God") So, whereas her body was changed physically, her soul remained the same. Anything not shadowhunter burns if they have runes or use a stele, but that is because of their souls and who they are deep down as a being. I think if anything it would give her their natural born swiftness and speed.
2. what they said ^
I might be wrong but I have a feeling that Will accidently killed someone close to his family and that's why he keeps on saying he lost everything. The name Cecile of course is not accident and I wouldn't be suprised if he did something so devastating to her that he can't forgive himself. Maybe she was his little sister or something since all happened when he was only 12. Any ideas??
I'm not really sure what happens but i can tell you I'm intrigued. If something did happen to his sister i have a feeling that it wasn't him but something else and he felt as if he had embraced being a shadow hunter things would have been different maybe.That alone made me want to read the next book.
I don't know about you guys, but I pesonally did not like this book as much as the others. It was too dark and too much drama for me. Everything seemed either confusing or spiraling out of control, whereas shadowhunters seemed more in control in the mortal instruments books. I did like it, just I did not personally enjoy reading it as much as the others. But, the thing Clare always does it add in those crazy twists, right?? The part about Nate, omg. My jaw just dropped and stayed that way for the rest of the chapter. I think I thought about it for a few hours afterward.
I am really enjoying this book. Tessa is a very strong character and all her experiences are very interesting.