“Didn't like this as much as the other Seuss books, but still good.”Hermiony loooucks wrote this review 4 days ago. ( reply | permalink ) Was this review helpful? Yes | No
“This book teaches the alphabet. Has each letter of the alphabet and then words that go with that letter. Would be good to help with learning the alphabet and the sounds of letters. ”Kelli Connolly wrote this review 4 days ago. ( reply | permalink ) Was this review helpful? Yes | No
“So cute!”Bianca D wrote this review 2 weeks ago. ( reply | permalink ) Was this review helpful? Yes | No
“Help with learning the alphabet ”Becca wrote this review 2 weeks ago. ( reply | permalink ) Was this review helpful? Yes | No
“1) Awards: none
2) Appropriate grade level: first-second
3) Summary: This book goes through each letter of the alphabet in a comical way using animals and made up words. The book uses rhyming words to describe each letter of the alphabet.
Review: This book makes the alphabet fun. Teachers will be able to have fun teaching the alphabet to young children using this book. There are many exclamations and funny descriptions of each of the letters within this book.
4) Uses in the classroom:
-Teach the alphabet
-Children can make their own descriptions of specific letters
-Children can sing the ABC song after reading this book
5) My Tags: Alphabet Books (F)”
“A great, fun way for children to learn the alphabet”Caitlin wrote this review Wednesday, April 24, 2013. ( reply | permalink ) Was this review helpful? Yes | No
“This book is about teaching the child the Abc's and it also shows several animals and creatures that Dr. Seuss's presents. As a teacher this book will be really helpful to my students because it will teach them the Abc's and they will learn the difference.”zeida garcia wrote this review Tuesday, April 23, 2013. ( reply | permalink ) Was this review helpful? Yes | No
“This is a great Dr. Seuss book and wonderful alphabet book, because it is full of colorful pictures and each letter is formulaically introduced. I found each sentence with the letter of the page to be amusing and great to keep children interested. This book may be used in teaching early childhood classroom while teaching about the alphabet. Reading the book aloud and have the children repeat each letter and have them say other words that start with the letter.”Kallie wrote this review Sunday, April 21, 2013. ( reply | permalink ) Was this review helpful? Yes | No
“My son absolutely loves hearing the ABC's, so he laughs and giggles throughout this whole book. Great read! ”Brandi Pica wrote this review Tuesday, April 2, 2013. ( reply | permalink ) Was this review helpful? Yes | No
“"Dr. Seuss's ABC" by Dr. Seuss. Originally published in 1963 by Random House.
6. Awards this book has won: None
7. Appropriate grade level(s): This book is appropriate for children from Pre-k and kindergarten.
8. Summary: "Dr. Seuss's ABC" by Dr. Seuss, is an alphabet books that is full of character and interesting illustrations. Each page describes a letter with its lower case and upper case types. It also has the different characters from Dr. Seuss's imaginations and a small sentence that rhymes with the actions of the characters.
9. Review: I like this book and while I read the small version, I think the bigger board book version may be a great addition to the classroom. In my "short" experience with children I have noticed that they loooove Dr. Seuss's books and his original way to see the world.
10. Uses in the classroom:
1. Have the children think/pair/share/ stories based on each of the characters
2. Let the children chose a letter from the alphabet and write (with help) a small poem or story about it, to share with the class.
3. Read aloud or individually
4. Have each child draw a letter and then make an alphabet chart for the classroom
5. Author Study on Dr. Seuss
6. Introduce rhyme, alliteration and phonics sounds