“Brian McLaren is a bridge builder. In these simple yet profound spiritual practices he perfectly marries his evangelical heart and contemplative soul, and we are all richer for the union.” (Cynthia Bourgeault, author of Centering Prayer and The Wisdom Jesus ) “Wise, easy to read, and... read more
1. Spiritual Experiences and Spiritual Experience
2. "But I'n Spiritual"
3. Twelve Simple Words
II. Part I: Simplicity: The Season of Spiritual Awakening
4. Here: Starting Right Now
5. Here: Naming the Mystery
6. Thanks: The Happiness of Appreciation
7. Thanks: Dayenu- Enough and More, and More
8. O: Practicing Jubilation
9. O: Not Just a Word- A Way of Life
III. Part II: Complexity: The Season of Spiritual Strengthening
10. Sorry: Holier Than Myself?
11. Sorry: Unleashing Our Own Becoming
12. Help: Spiritual Jujitsu
13. Help: Tapping into the Current of Power
14. Please: At Least Two Hearts Care
15. Please: Bearing the Stretcher
IV. Part III: Perplexity: The Season of Spiritual Surviving
16. When: How Long Can I Last?
17. When: Survival is Overrated
18. No: The Void Expands
19. No: Mad with God
20. Why: When You Have Come to Zero
21. Why: Holding the Question Open
V. Part IV: Harmony: The Season of Spiritual Deepening
22. Behold: The Emergence of the Meditative Mind
23. Behold: Faith Beyond Belief
24. Yes: A Universal Spiritual Vocation
25. Yes: Do You Love Me?
26. <...>: Naked, Clothed in Silence
27. <...>: Full Circle
Afterword: The Sea Toward Which All Rivers Run
Appendix A: Group Practice
Appendix B: Body Prayers
Appendix C: Twelve Simple Prayers
Reading and Discussion Guide
We’re hiding the errata, movie connections, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.