In Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four perfect-looking girls aren't nearly as perfect as they seem. Aria can't resist her forbidden ex. Hanna is on the verge of losing her BFF. Emily is freaking out over a simple kiss. And Spencer can't keep her hands off anything that belongs to her sister. ... read more
The book starts with off with a text message from " A". It's almost as if "A" wants the girls to know who she is. Spencer has gained a new secret, and " A" is sure to blow it. She stole her sister's essay and entered it into a competiton. She tries to keep this secret from her parents. Only, "... read more (warning: may contain spoilers)
The book starts with off with a text message from " A". It's almost as if "A" wants the girls to know who she is. Spencer has gained a new secret, and " A" is sure to blow it. She stole her sister's essay and entered it into a competiton. She tries to keep this secret from her parents. Only, " A" finds out about it. In this book we learn more about Spencer and her sister' s past relationships. Hanna put on a lot of weight, because she's been stressed out by "A". She and Mona become enemies through out this book. By the end of the book all the girls think they know who "A" is, but do they really know the whole truth?
“I did not steal Sean away from you!”Aria
“Watch it, Aria. Your face is going freeze like that.”Spencer Hastings
“Oops, guess it wasn't lipo! Don't believe everything you hear!”-A
“Look and you will find it-what is unsought will go undetected.”Sophocles
You really thought I was gone? Puh-lease. I’ve been watching you this whole time. In fact, I might be watching you right now. And girls—if you tell ANYONE about me, you’ll be sorry. —AHighlighted by 252 Kindle customers
THE ONLY TRUE KNOWLEDGE IN LIFE IS KNOWING YOU KNOW NOTHING.—SOCRATES.Highlighted by 248 Kindle customers
Need another warning, Spence? Ali’s murderer is right in front of you. —AHighlighted by 224 Kindle customers
P.S. I may be a bitch, but I’m not a murderer. Here’s a clue for the clueless: someone wanted something of Ali’s. The killer is closer than you think. —AHighlighted by 220 Kindle customers
She knew too much. —AHighlighted by 217 Kindle customers
Emily, sweetie, I know you’re all about tit for tat, so when you made plans to out me, I decided to out you too. Kisses! —AHighlighted by 216 Kindle customers
Aria: Don’t you think Sean should know about that extra-credit work you did with a certain English teacher? Real relationships are built on truth, after all. —AHighlighted by 216 Kindle customers
Dear Hanna, We may not be friends, but we have the same enemies. So here are two tips: One of your old friends is hiding something from you. Something big. And Mona? She’s not your friend, either. So watch your back. —AHighlighted by 210 Kindle customers
Dear Ms. Finalist, How’d you like it if I told your secret RIGHT NOW? I can, you know. And if you don’t watch it, maybe I will. —AHighlighted by 207 Kindle customers
Careful, careful! I’m always watching! —A And then, in smaller letters, down at the bottom: Here’s a second hint: You all knew every inch of her backyard. But for one of you, it was so, so easy.Highlighted by 119 Kindle customers
INTRO : Keep Your Friends Close...
1. Spencer's Hard Work Pays Off
2. Just Another Sexually Charged Day in AP English
3. There's No Such Thing As Bad Press
4. No Wonder Emily's Mom is So Strict
5. Aria's All For Literary Reenactments
6. Sibling Rivalry's a Hard Habit to Break
7. Nothing Like an Old-Fashioned Interrogation
8. It's Always Good to READ The Book Before Stealing From It
9. Everyone, a Big Round of Applause For Spencer Hastings
10. Someone Didn't Listen
11. Even High-Tech Security Doesn't Protect You From Everything
12. Ah, Court Life
13. Hello, My Name is Emily. And I'm Gay.
14. Spencer's Big Close-Up
15. Never, EVER Trust Something as Obsolete as a Fax Machine
16. Someone's Been Kissing in the Kiln...
17. Because All Cheesy Relationship Moments Happen in Cemetaries
18. A Good Smack Upside the Head Never Hurt Anyone
19. It's Better Than a Sign Saying, "Kick Me"
20. Life Imitates Art
21. What Does H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P Spell?
22. There's No Place Like Rosewood - From 3,000 Feet Up
23. The Rosebushes Have Eyes
24. And In Another Garden Across Town...
25. Special Delivery For Hanna Marin
26. Spencer Gets In Hot Water...Literally and Figuratively
27. Old Habits Die Hard
28. Some Of Her Letters Also Spell JAIL
29. There's a Full Moon at the Hollis Planetarium
30. Change is Good...Except When It's Not
31. They Fought The Law and The Law Won
32. Not-So-Secret Lovers
33. Someone Slips Up. Big Time.
34. It's Right There in Front of You
35. Words Whispered From The Past
36. It Will All Be Over
37. It Was Necessary
We’re hiding the ridiculously simplified synopses, organizations, glossary entries, themes, errata, awards, classification, links to supplemental material, books that influenced this book, books influenced by this book, books that cite this book and books cited by this book sections. If you would like to add content to them, you must first make them visible.