Shelfari edited the movie connections of Oliver Twist Monday, October 11, 2010.
- Edited a movie: Oliver Twist (1948) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040662) : Based on the Charles Dickens novel Oliver Twist is about an orphan boy who runs away from a workhouse and meets a pickpocket on the streets of London. Oliver is taken in by the pickpocket and he joins a household of young boys who are trained to steal for their master. This version of Oliver Twist is topped by Alec Guinness's masterly performance of arch-thug
Fagin.aka"As Aventuras de Oliver Twist" - Portugal
- Edited a movie: Oliver Twist (1982/I) (TV) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084438) : The classic Dickens tale of an orphan boy who escapes the horrors of the orphanage only to be taken in by a band of thieves and
pickpockets.aka"Twist Olivér" - Hungary
- Edited a movie: Les nouvelles aventures d'Oliver Twist (1997-1998) (TV series) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493191) : aka "Oliver Twist" - USA (promotional
title)aka"Saban's Adventures of Oliver Twist" - USA (long title)
- Edited a movie: Oliver Twist (1997) (TV) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119825) : Charles Dickens' classical story about the young orphan boy in 1837 England is again re-filmed in grand fashion. Richard Dreyfuss portrays Fagin, the unscrupulous leader of the young pick-pockets Oliver (Alex Trench) initially falls in with after escaping from a sweat shop and going to London to find his
relatives.aka"As Aventuras de Oliver Twist" - Brazil
- Edited a movie: Oliver Twist (2005) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380599) : Oliver Twist is an orphan, who is soon kicked out of the orphanage and thrown into a terrible home. The bad treatment Oliver receives, forces him to run off to London. Here, he is soon picked up by the Artful Dodger and taken to Fagin. Fagin treats Oliver well, but is it the life Oliver really wants?
Inthe Nineteenth Century, the orphan Oliver Twist is sent to a workhouse, where the children are barely fed and mistreated. He moves to the house of an undertaker, but after an unfair severe spank, he starts a seven day runaway to London. He arrives exhausted and starving, and is welcomed by a gang of pickpockets leaded by the old crook Fagin. When he is mistakenly taken as a thief, the wealthy victim Mr. Brownlow brings Oliver to his home and shelters him. But Fagin and the dangerous Bill Sykes decide to kidnap Oliver to burglarize Mr. Brownlow's fancy house. Oliver is wounded, while Mr. Brownlow tries to save Oliver